Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Aggressive surgeons?

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by peter-reebok, Apr 4, 2008.

1. Have had quite a few arthroscopy's on my knees, with varying results.

Am now looking for a more aggressive orthopedic surgeon in mlb.
    Am fed up with small repairs, just want the right one replaced with a metal one. Current guy is too conservative for me, have been treated by him for 20yrs, had enough, cant stand for long, straighten leg in bed, or sit and watch a movie without pain and lockups.

I am in top medical/hospital etc, and have had the last few arthro's done at vimy house, total cost almost zero after fund pays up.

Anyone know how to find such a surgeon? Dont fancy just calling em up and booking in for a consult in 6months time, just to find out he dont want to do nothing. If this is classed as elective surgery, why cant I elect to have it done?
    Have investigated the crap out of operation, know what to expect in terms of future mobility, recovery etc.

2. Try Mr Simon Talbot in Heidelberg, Burgundy Street. He's bloody brilliant, young and actually gives a sh*t. If you can't find his number I'll look for it and PM it to you.

All the best.

3. also try Gary Grosbard, g/f's sister just had knee op by him and he's supposed 2 b a top surgeon? He operates at Epworth Box Hill, not sure where else? Good luck with the knee op!

4. David Young, The Avenue, Windsor

Have had surgery with this guy. Knows what he is doing. he is the Western Bulldogs surgeon, so knows about knees, etc.

5. You do know that an artificial knee joint typically has to be replaced every few years or so? That is why it is a very last resort.
    I know a woman who has had four new knee joints in 10 years, it's a horrible long recovery process.

Regards, Andrew.