Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

AGATT vs That's Gotta Hurt

Discussion in 'Scooters' started by rpmorrell, Jun 13, 2008.

1. A guy by the name of Frankenscoot from another scooter forum had a prang a while back, & OUCH! the pics hurt.

I'll paste in his words of his account of what happened.

It's in the USA, & I guess you'd know the safety requirements are different over there.

Frankenscoot's words in italics.

AND wear your damn gear! Helmet, gloves, boots and jacket! Unless you want this:

It was around 6 monthes or so ago. I was doing 55mph in a 55mph zone. I was approching a red light so I was slowing down. As I was a mini van pulled in front of me and slammed their brakes. I did the same because there were cars all around so I had nowhere to swerve out of the way to. I locked the front brake up which cause my rear to swing out from under me. Around this time the van sped up because the light turned green, so I didn't rear end the van. I did however do a 45 mph slid on the hot unforgiving asphalt for around 15-20 feet wearing no gloves, no helmet and no jacket. It was near 100 degrees out and I was riding around in a tank top, camo pants and my trusty Doc Martens. I spent 4 weeks out of work and it took roughly 8 weeks to full heal my hands back up. Nowadays I wear full gear even if i'm only riding a couple blocks up the road.

Ouch, Ouch & double Ouch.
    Be safe out there people. AGATT = All Gear All The Time

Rob ;)
  2. If ur stupid u gotta pay for it ;) It is not so bad anyway .. I've seen worse things .. At least he is alive ;)
  3. I reckon many newbie riders get lulled into a false sense of security.

I my early days on the scoot I had open face helmet with flimsy gloves etc: clueless!
    Not anymore.
    Track Sessions changed everything for me.

Rob :wink:
  4. Same: open face, open-fingered bicycle gloves, and nothing more than denim (though I'll still get about locally in denim jeans). If people want to go with a certain fashion, get the Draggin sweat shirt and maybe the long johns (just got given a pair) - comfy and protective and the sweat shirt looks good enough to sew a mod target on and display!