Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Afternoon all

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by Pipsqueak, Mar 4, 2014.

1. Afternoon all,

Pipsqueak here. Just picked up a CB500x, a downsize from a Street Triple as I needed a bike with a windscreen (neck issues as getting older) and to be frank I rarely took the triple up to the rev limit and prefer wringing out smaller bikes. It probably won't win me many friends but much as I liked the triumph and its amazing engine and torque I didn't care for the engine whine or the cramped dimensions for a 5' 11" bloke. Have had a few bikes over the years but now enjoying the CB500X as a commuter and weekend warrior. Toyed with the idea of the new NC750S as it looked great and I love new concepts like that but the ergonomics are better on the adventure style and Honda are not presently bringing in the NC750X (a mistake in my opinion).

Anyway pleased to be here...

2. Welcome Pipsqueak, The Triumph riders are a bit defensive of their turf so they are probably sorry to lose you from the Triumphantly Converted. :) But I am bike agnostic, ride what works to you.

3. Hello pipsqueak. Where are you located?

Need to know cause we ( triumph riders ) will come to bash you if you talk too much. Ha ha. I kid.

:p

4. Luckily then I am no where near Balwyn North, lovely though I am sure it is. North side of Sydney for me. I did toy with the idea of a Tiger 800 for a while but while nice it is a bit too pricey. With the new smaller and mid size capacity models from Honda and Yamaha out now and coming out there is scarcely much need to spend over $10,000 to $12,000 to get all you could need (the tendency is to want more of course). The new MT07 and any adventure style MT09 would be attractive bikes as well. I paid $8k'ish for the CB500X and it comes with ABS standard. You hear lots of criticism of dealers of any product these days but the dealership at Sydney City Lane Cove were great to deal with.

5. Welcome to the forum. Cb500x great bike.