Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Afternoon all..

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Recon, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Hey there all.

Well I decided to get my license at last, at the tender/ripe old age of 31.

Still in negotiation with the missus as to whether I can get a bike, loving the forums in the meantime...

2. Welcome to NR. (y)

I thought bikes fell under the non-negotiable category. :D
  3. Hi Recon and welcome to Netrider mate !
    Good luck with whichever bike you decide (or are allowed to :D) purchase.
  4. welcome to NR, be nice to the missus, buy her diamond well diamonte earrings [otherwise no funds left in the bank for the bike]
    Good luck with it, she got any interest inbikes at all, if yes, make sure you buy one she ride after you which forces you [unfortunatley] to buy an upgrade for you.
    Failing to plan is planning to fail!!
  5. Thanks all!

Yeah no unfortunately she has no interest in bikes whatsover, and thinks they are "suicide machines" and "death traps".

Now I have tried to convince her that as I intend to be a cruiser rider (or possible a cafe-racer), and will be riding recreationally on weekends that my chances of being involved in an accident or killing myself are greatly reduced.

Have any of you had any luck making this arguement stick on your respective home fronts? So far I'm not having much luck...
  6. Welcome to NR Recon,

Ive had the same argument on the home front, just takes a lot of perserverance (and shiny gifts!!), and I'm sure she'll come around to your way of thinking.
  7. Welcome to NR mate.
    Good job at getting your license.

RE: getting a bike - just buy one and keep a lamp-shade on it when parked - the wife will NEVER see it :demon:
  8. Hello! Also don't let her know that you chose a handle that matches a disturbing website or you'll lose brownie points. <_<
  9. get life insurance?
  10. Get the bike first!!!
    If there's anything left over after also getting all the gear, give her the rest as "shut the f#ck up"money!!!

Ride the wheels off it as to "get as much experience" so as to make you a safer rider.

Just remember,,,
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission!!! :rofl:
  11. this I agree with!! as long as you can cook, clean, wash etc :rofl: