Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Aftermarket Fairings - GSXR1000

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by dane75, Feb 13, 2010.

1. I have an 04 GSXR 1000 that I stacked the other weekend and need to replace the front cowling, front mud guard, front right side fairing.

I got a quote on some genuine Suzuki New replacements which were way to high as expected (approx $1700)

Have had a look on ebay for some second hand stuff with limited success as much of it is scuffed and wrong colour so need repainting.. while looking on ebay I found these aftermarket kits. http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310199097315&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Has anyone had experience with aftermarket fairing kits? If so how was the quality and the fit? I am not keen on paying $600 bucks to find out the holes and mounts are in the wrong spots etc.
  2. No experience but they claim its made in korea -- in my books i would prefer Korean manufacture to chinese mainland - although in experience of car body kits I have found Taiwanese okay quality
  3. hi all i'm new.
    I put a fairing on a wov k6 1000 from online torque over xmas. they are a local agent for a china mob.
    Finish is excellent, it was a little fiddly to fit but I had no old fairing to go off so it was like a jigsaw puzzle not knowing how it went together.
    Anyway, I worked it all out and it looks tops! No drilling or cutting it all fitted really good. I'm about to go again on a 600 for my son.
  4. Try Moto 777 from Kowloon China, very good quality and paint, Guaranteed,
    But be carefull they have other companys there that look and package the same as Moto 777 but are pure crap, missing tabs and the paint falls off,