Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Aftermarket fairing

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' at netrider.net.au started by Doggy, Jul 13, 2005.

1. Hi guys/girls I'm looking at putting one of the Dash Universal Sports Fairing units to my GS500. Has anyone had any experiance with these? Do they provide much protection or just for looks.

Cheers,

Doggy

2. Fairing

Hi Doggy
    It depends on what you want out of a fairing
    By the looks of the one you are considering it is mainly for looks; with its low screen it wouldn't afford much in terms of keeping the wind off your chest.
    If you want to do that, you would be better off buying one something like this http://www.mcas.com.au/product.php?section=1&prodid=433

I have one of these on the Hornet and it's good when travelling at 100 kays and a bit above, just keeps the blast off you.
    PH

3. Yeah I was looking for a little protection as at 100+ it sometimes feels as though my helmet wants to part company with me :) I think I will go for a fly universal screen instead although it won't look as good. I local bike shop tried to sell me one that looked like it came from CHIPs (the TV show).

Cheers

Doggy

4. Picture

I'll send you a picture tonight of the Hornet with that exact fairing on. It doesn't look racy, but it doesn't look all that bad, and it works. 8)