Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

aftermarket exhaust - VTR 250

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by i.d.g.a.f, Dec 23, 2005.

1. are they available ?

what difference do they make power/sound wise.

i love the look of the vtr250 but an improved exhaust note would be great.

what can i say....im vain and self concious....bad combination.

any help would be appreciated
  2. staintune seems to be the most popular - it will set you back anywhere between $600 and $650.

makes the bike sound sooooo much better though makes little if no difference to performance.

i've taken the baffle out of mine so it's pretty loud... one of the tweaker neighbours threatened to punch my head in one morning until i pointed out i was wearing full leathers, boots, gloves with kevlar knuckles and a helmet :LOL:

roo racing also make one and is available in carbon fibre.
  3. thanks guys.

getting my L's soon and the vtr is my dream first bike. but the stock exhaust note sounds.......weak lol.

anyway, thanks. see you round the forums more often i hope :)
  4. i think the best way to describe a the sound of a VTR250 with a after market exhaust is "mean" :p
  5. i hope so :twisted:

i may end up a two wheeled ricer, but it'll look and sound better than a 15 year old imported cbr :D
  6. I second that!! I have ridden behind this bike and it sounds AWESOME!!
  7. here is a video form this site that has been linked to way too many times on this site :LOL: da link ..personally i think it can sound better just before 60 kph in second :D :D
  8. The remus is no to bad. have a mate who had a vtr with it on. also try the megacycle..
  9. I've seen dyno charts showing bikes to lose power with aftermarket exhausts. Imho if too loud they can make cars behave eratically and potentially reduce your safety rather than the myth that they help. Waste of time to consider it if you ask me.
  10. as for cars behaving erratically - i've never had any experience of this.
  12. how much did you pay for the yoshi?
  13. :LOL: :LOL:
  14. Yes well heres the thing, my pipe came off a Gixer600 racing bike and I payey a little over a grand but I hear they can reach about $2500.

A little steep but it is the best sounding pipe I have ever heard in my life. Gives me more power and people hear me coming a mile away.
  15. i didn't think yoshi made a pipe specifically for the VTR250... did you have much trouble getting it on?
  16. oh, and is it a full exhaust or a slip on?
  17. I've heard of a few people having yoshi pipes. I've seen one in the flesh....or rather metal.... but i was unable to find out if they made one for the vtr.
  18. does any one know where u can get a jet kit for vtr 250??