Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Aftermarket Exhaust suggestions CBR250

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by Mont3y, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Hey everyone,

I've recently purchased a Honda CBR250R 2013 off a mate who bought it brand new and barely rode it in the past year since he got it. The bike is still stock standard and I was hoping to replace the exhaust as the stock one is pretty boring.

Any suggestions on a good exhaust for this bike?

2. m4 exhaust
  3. Save up for an additional 3 cylinders.
    No matter what you stick on it's always going to sound like a single, just louder and draw unwanted attention.

You're not going to get any real performance gains with slip-on's other than some weight saving.
    • Agree Agree x 3
  4. +1 save your money for a bigger bike
  5. Step 1) Get a Screaming Demon, Danmoto or something similarly cheap.

Step 2) Install shiny new exhaust.

Step 3) Ride the fcuk away from me with your manky-sounding soft-tune single cylinder farting through an open pipe.

Obviously I'm only (half-)kidding about Step 3, but don't bother with anything fancy. On a 250 single they all sound equally 'good' and if when you get sick of it you can slap the stock pipe back on and get a bit of change back for the aftermarket one.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. yoshimura_trc_slip_on_exhaust_honda_cbr250_r20112013_square. Not sure how cheap you are looking, but this Yoshimura from Revzilla ( Revzilla are awesome ;) ) is $377 USD which works out to $516 Australian, shipping will probably be around $50 and is pretty quick from the states, under 10 days usually, my Dianese Jacket from Revzilla arrived in 7 days from order.
    Yoshimura TRC Race Slip-On Exhaust Honda CBR250R 2011-2013 - RevZilla
  7. [​IMG]
    • Funny Funny x 4
  8. If you want to burn some money and have some fun, maybe play around with your sprockets to get more acceleration and throw some frame sliders on it.
  9. Don't bother with the exhaust.
    There's already enough shit sounding cbr's and ninjas around we dont need another one on the road !.
  10. Why bother with frame sliders .
    They can do more harm then good.
    I rather make a claim then buy sliders it cost about the same for me.
  11. #11 hyperspex, Aug 12, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2015
    I'm confused (and a bit worried) - what are you doing to/with/on the frame sliders that you can "have some fun" with them?

Whatever it is, I'm pretty sure it's not covered by the warranty.
  12. I did read this thread from the start a while ago and bit my tongue................maybe i'm becoming my Dad, but..........

The ninja/cbr comment above is sooooo true - they sound shit with a pipe. I hear them whining past my place from 6 am every morning and know exactly what part of the road they're on. That's the left. that's the right, that's downhill, that's struggling up the hill. Makes me cringe/chuckle in equal measures.

Fly under the radar, keep your license, don't attract attention, do your time and then get something that warrants a sweet sound.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Changing the sprockets can make a wimpy 250 feel allot quicker off the line and quicken things up through the twisties. 250's are great fun with sticky tyres and properly setup suspension. Frame sliders for when you inevitably fall off the thing from pushing your limits to far.
  14. single cylinder isn't that bad man, it's like a dirtbike. Just gotta love the BRAAAAAAP!. I got a cbr300r, and at certain rev's my stock exhaust makes a braaaap. It's not that bad.

the m4 I saw online for the 250r sounds better than most. but really just get the cheapest.
  15. welcome aboard :]
  16. Or just don't throw your bike down like a numpty.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. dont bother. save your money for your next bike.
  18. Doesn't matter what brand exhaust you put on a lams cbr/ninja. They all sound like shit.
  19. [​IMG]
    • Funny Funny x 5
  20. haters gonna hate.

get a coffmans shorty exhaust, everyone in the state will hear
    • Funny Funny x 1