Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Aftermarket Bars/Mirrors

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' at netrider.net.au started by 2Fast, Dec 11, 2008.

1. Hi All,

I'm looking at getting some lower, possibly flat bars for my Suzuki GSF250 (bandit), and maybe some bar end mirrors, as a xmas present for myself. I'm after something that is fairly easy to fit, and will look alright.

Are there any brands in particular that you can reccommend?
    I searched here and found someone with "Ace Bars" which looked pretty cool.
    https://netrider.net.au/forums/viewtopic.php?t=51316&highlight=ace+bars

Anything if need to look out for in particular?

Cheers,

Andre

2. that's my mates SV there

erm Ace bars look sweet. I have had ace bars sitting in my room for the past 3 months but I haven't been bothered to fit them on yet, because I need to drill on a hole into the bars so the right hand controls can fit in the properly.

All in all, they are pretty easy to fit. You might want to get spacers to move your foot controls back a bit. It's a bit uncomfortable without them. Oh and Bar-end mirrors would look sweet ;)

3. austreetfighter.com.au

4. You can always get a little file and file down the little locating pins. Maybe wrap a bit of duct tape around the bars if you don't think the switch block will grip the shiny bar. I may or may not have done that, and i never had any problems.

Renthal Ultra Lows were also a popular choice in my research.

EDIT

Clearance and re-routing cables, particularly throttle and brake.