Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

After market exhaust for GPX 250?!?!?!?

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by student of insanity, Oct 24, 2006.

1. Hey all

Still deciding whether to upgrade to a bigger (but older bike) or whether to stick with my faithfull 2fiddy?

If I stick with the little fella I would like to make him sound like a big fella!

I want people to hear me coming and then reel in shock when they see it is a little 2fiddy :demon:

I want the cagers to know without a doubt where I am as I filter through them.........then I want them to hear me roar as I leave them for dead at the lights :grin:

But most of all I want a sound that reflects the big heart my little 2fiddy has, a sound that will put an even bigger grin on my face every time I ride it :LOL:

Asking too much?? I hope not....

Now the tricky part........ it seems that not many manufacturers of AMP make them for the GPX? I have emailed MC mufflers and I am waiting on the reply.
    I also wondered if it was worth my while spending a grand or so on pipes for a bike I will be selling eventually to upgrade :?

Then I read the post about removing baffles on a Z1000 and I wondered if that could be done to my baby?

Any suggestions will be appreciated (just try not to make them too technical as I am a mehcanical ignoramus)

Thanks in advance and cheers

Ps I have already posted this topic once and it seems to have been lost in cyber space so if it ends up getting listed twice......de ja vu :)
  2. If you have a lay grand that you want to throw away, I'll have it! :p
    In short. Save your money or "invest" in a better helmet or riding gear.
  3. A waste of money. Buy a bigger bike and find ways to waste even more money on it instead.
  4. hmmm starting to agree with the waste of money bit, just got this quote and i would still have to install them

"The cheapest option i can offer you is a 2-1 full system
    This option requires you to buy 2 new gaskets ( but gives a good note while adding performance.
    This is a chrome 2-1 with a polished alloy muffler. (sports)
    Price: $690 including postage.
    Or a 2-1 chrome with a polished alloy or anodised gold in ADR with a (Magnum Muffler)
    Price :$750 including postage.
    Otherwise the next option is 2 mufflers
    Prices start at $870 including postage."

I wouldn't mind spending the money if I was keeping the bike

in the mean time there is always the baffles.......or is there?

thinking thinking

I managed to snavel a pair of brand new carbon Fibre Magnum mufflers for $150 from my ex!!!!!!!!

Now just need to get em fitted.... you will all hear me coming on the next ride!!!