Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

AFter Market CentreStand

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by Ice_Prophecy, Jun 2, 2007.

1. Hi, Ive had my Yamaha FZX250 Zeal for a week now, And I decided to do some maintenance and realized that my sexy bike has no centre stand. I know there are those stand that you can buy to lift your rear wheel up when you work on the bike. But i was wondering if there any option of installing a centrestand for a motorbike that didnt come with one? Or am I a crazy?

2. My guess is unless there is one made to suit your bike eg nother model but same bike shape and style as you’re one going to be unlikely to be able to get one...it’s something 3rd parties don’t tend to make as it’s not just a matter of bolting it on as its goto be able to fit under the bike when it’s up and not get in the way of anything under there so for a start any 3rd party to make one would need to make on for every model they would like to support
  3. I found an aftermarket centrestand for the Hornet 600 on a UK website, but I can't find it again :roll:

That said, if your bike doesn't have brackets to which a centrestand attaches (the Hornet does), then you would have to have them welded on, etc, and it would be vastly cheaper anyway just to buy a paddock stand, www.andersonstands.com
  4. Ah ok, Thanks for the replies. I'll just get the paddock stand then :)