Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

After 121,000 kms and ten years.....

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by hornet, Sep 21, 2008.

1. ... at least the last 70,000 and 3andahalf of which, I KNOW, with no maintenance whatsover, the rear shock on the old Hornet has cried 'NUFF". Much rear-end 'pogo-ing' through the Ten Mile this afternoon has convinced me of the need for action.

Now, these people say that they will do a shock service and re-build for around $130
    but most other people I've asked about the same thing say $200 - $300. Am I misreading the Teknik quote, and they mean something else, or are the other quotes too expensive?

Would it be better to replace the shock altogether, and if so, where could I get one and how much would it cost?
  2. Taren Point? That's practically on my doorstep!

I'll give them a call tomorrow, thanks phiz :).
  3. No probs, he takes care of most of us trackday junkies and those who have had him tinker on their bikes, swear by him.
  4. Weeeel, he, err DID....

James is no longer available at that address, he was renting space from Sydney Performance, but that arrangement was terminated at the end of last week.

I believe he is still available on his mobile, but I was told, "Don't ring him before ten, he doesn't get up early."

The place where I normally get my servicing done can send the shock away to get fixed, so I'll get him to do that while he's also replacing my rear tyre.
  5. Oh right I forgot, he's moving premises at the moment! My bad.