Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[AFL]Melbourne better be careful

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by TonyE, Aug 10, 2010.

1. So,

when are we going to get the copycat nutters at the MCG? :)

Pastor arrested protesting demon mascot

A CHURCH pastor was arrested today while picketing outside a Georgia school in a protest against its demon mascot.

Donald Crosby, the pastor of God's Kingdom Builders Church of Jesus Christ in Macon, about 137km southeast of Atlanta, was charged with disorderly conduct and picketing without a permit, the Macon Telegraph reported...

full story...
  2. He's got a point though, what happened to the "land of the free"?

Besides, only american's would be stupid enough to send their kids to a school with a demon as their mascot. firstly, only retarded schools have mascots and secondly, the school must be some sort of a joke to put a demon as their mascot - a demon is hardly the way to impress prospective parents.
  3. Isn't Father Bob a big AFL supporter? lol

4. :-s how does what the mascot is make any difference to the school or where parents would choose too send them?
  5. I think Father Bob should be a Saints supporter :)

And as a Melbourne supporter I take exception to your comments Lilley...
    Demons is a much better name than rubbishy names like Magpies or Cats or Doggies

The school was named after the local air-force squadron - the Screaming Demons...

6. Would be funny if he was a Melbourne supporter
  7. because I would generally think it presents an idea on how they view learning. Maybe I'm making more of it than I should be.
  8. Yet another religious nutter trying to impose his beliefs on everyone else.