Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

AFL and police share files on players and staff

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by waedwe, Aug 7, 2010.

1. http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/7941310/secret-footy-star-files-available-to-afl
    I'd bepretty pissed off if the police shared intelligence dta about me without me having been charged with any organisation, seems a massive breach of privacy and more a police state mentality

2. if football players are breaking the law, why should NOT their clubs know about it?
  3. This is not about people who have broken the law. This is about ANY information acquired by police.

"Law enforcement data may take the form of any text, images, audio and video, may be stored on computing devices, in hard copy, or on other storage media, and includes (but is not limited to) data related to individuals, aggregated data, written reports and correspondence, memoranda, police diaries, official notebooks, running sheets and other data repositories,"

It's probably the most disturbing thing I've heard in many years - the idea that the police will hand over information about someone to an employer when there is no crime even hinted at.

Since when was an employer entitled to the contents of a police diary. If someone here had a chat to a cop that was recorded - why should their employer have access to that.
  4. Apalling. And a terrible, terrible precedent.
  5. The league has denied getting information about players, officials etc.

6. The Police don't know that I exist, so my employer would be none the wiser :LOL:.