Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

AEE Magicam. Mounting Positions.

Discussion in 'Cruisers' started by Randall, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Purchased a AEE Magicam SD21 after a bit of research. Also looked at the Gopro Hero3 but the AEE won out with features and far less dollars.
    I went for a test ride using a standard suction mount to the windscreen but there was too much shaking so I opted, (after research) to hard mount them using the standard 1/4 BSW mount thread typical for most digital cameras. Haven`t test riden the bike yet but the weather here in Brissy today has been shite so I`ll have to test when we get some nice days. I should get some top footage both in front and trailing useing a slightly modified indicator light mount hardware. Very firm, very stable. The AEE comes with a handy remote control that I cable tied to the centre of the handlebars. I can start/stop play anytime.
    Looking forward to riding with the group I roll with sometimes. Should get some good trailing footage of tight turms on big cruisers through the twisties :) IMG_1631.JPG IMG_1629.JPG

I also have a tether that holds the camera in the event of ther camera coming unattached.
    I`ll whack up a few YouTube links if it turns out OK.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Nice setup!
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Looks good! Who is it that you ride with?
  4. Steel Horses Dug...good bunch of blokes.
  5. Ahh. Yeah I know them, many used to ride with Kobbers.
  6. I`ll go check out kobbers later Dug.