Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Advise any aftermarket handgrips?

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by livingstonest, Feb 20, 2007.

1. Need some new hand grips on the z750.

Went for a long ride and found that the stock ones are too small and thin. Hands started to ache after awhile trying to hold onto them. Need something larger with some insulating abilities to counter the vibes i'm getting.

What you guys got/recommend?

2. I had some foam grips on the KLR650 - comfortable, reduced vibes, bit thicker than standard and I'd imagine not too expensive.
  3. Increase diameter of handgrips

I have used tape with foam backing that is used on squash and tennis raquet handles. Also recently obtained from Repco somerubber O rings to neatenup the ends of the tape. Works for me :)
  4. Yeah, I rate the foam grips highly too, stock Kawasaki grips are a joke, way too thin for some reason. The McCleod brand ones are great, under $20, and available at most bike shops. You may have to cut your old grips off with a sharp knife though, and I use Kwik Grip to fit new grips, just buy a small tube of it.

Regards, Andrew.
  5. Yep pro grip are pretty good.
  6. I use the progrip (699), but I'd like something better.