Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Advice/Opinion needed - Dainese 'Steel'/W-Frame One Piece

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by jayp, Oct 29, 2008.

1. Hey fellow NetRiders I've gotten to the point where I want to regularly do track days, Sunday ride outs and midnight blats.

I'll also be upgrading sometime in the near future, but want to invest in my first 1-piece.

I know they have many disadvantages for daily riding, but this is not for daily riding.

I'd like to hear some opinions form people who own these suits or know someone who does.

In one corner we have the W-frame, which is their top spec suit @ $2500 - it has a chest protector pocket too. No shop I know has this suit for me to try on.

The other is the Steel @$1700, which I've tried on and is quite comfortable, and as close to as I can get to a custom fit without going custom.

http://www.mcas.com.au/_product.php?section=1&prodid=6985 - Wframe

I'd appreciate your thoughts :]

Do you think its worth the extra coin to go the W-frame? Is it much more comfortable with zip thing at the front than the steel.