Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Advice on women's leather pants

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Meags, Mar 23, 2012.

1. I'm after some feedback on leather pants. I'm looking at the A* Bat touring pants, but would appreciate advice on other brands as well. In particular the fit and comfort (or lack of). Thanks.

2. Hey there, I just ordered the Joe Rocket Aura leather pants from sassyrider. I'll let you know what the fit is like after I receive them. The main factors I was looking for in leather pants were: CE armor protection on the knees and the washable lining (since cleaning leather pants themselves can be arduous).

I also looked at Shark leather pants and thought these are quite good:

You can get them cheaper from their Ebay store (why? I have no idea).
    • Like Like x 1
  3. I wear Joe Rocket Trixie leather pants in winter. They're a good fit, nice and comfy, although I had to trim the length for my short legs.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. ... I wear Rjays ladies leather pants. I do find that the zip is a bit flimsy on these, but for fit and comfort they seem ok.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Thanks for the replies.

I had a plan in mind (not to spend too much) when I went to try some leathers on and the whole thing just went out the window. I've ended up with Dainese sp jacket and I'm picking up the Dainese pony (?) pants next week. They were a great fit and I loved how they felt on - which I didn't with some of the others. I made the mistake of thinking that I needed to try different (i.e. more expensive) leathers so I had a basis for comparison. It was downhill from there. I'm now thinking about a second mortgage on the house - but it was worth it.
  6. Couldn't see any stores where you could go try these on, but the sizing looks okay for me. Do you know how far the zip at the ankle goes up the leg.

I currently have textile jacket and dri rider kevlar cargos but after a recent off, thinking of changing to leather.

It took me ages to find boots that fit me well but there isn't much room to have pants inside them. Noticed leather is only 1.3mm thick so might manage it.