Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Advice on trip to Birdsville

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' started by Ronn, Mar 28, 2007.

1. Hi all
    Early may I am planning a trip from Darwin to Coffs Harbour, I am thinking of going from Mt Isa to Birdsville perhaps onto Innamincka then onwards east. Has anyone traveled in this area in early May. I will be travelling on a r1200gs

Many thanks

2. Evening of 25th April I will get into Isa, will be at Katherine by 4pm 26th where I meet up with The Long Ride heading to Darwin the following day. Reason I say this is that I will be heading home to sunshine coast on 29th April. So when do you head out ?
  3. It will get cold at night out there. pm me and i'll give you details that may help you.
  4. When Davo and i hit darwin have a drink with us, we'ill be able to give you lots of more useful advice :)
  5. Plan change

Thanks for replies, however change of plan , will be going south through SA and Vic.Out od NT till the 2 nd June then departing for the South on the 5th June