Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Advice on going for P's

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by MAD OLD CLINT, Oct 22, 2007.

1. Hi Guys & Gals, I'm sure you've seen threads like this previously, so if you're groaning right now, I apologise.

I'm a 35yo late starter and got my L's awhile ago, I did the 2 day course at HART in Kilsyth and loved it. My L's will run out at the start of January so need to go for my P's.

I've been dirt bike riding a few times and did pretty well & one short trip on the road.

I am pretty sure I should be doing a practice run (a 1 hour session?) with the guys at HART to get back in the groove, blow out the cobwebs, be more confident going for the actual test.

If so, should I aim to do the practice run a couple of days before the actual test - or right before it?

I'd appreciate any comments or confirmation from anyone.

Have a good one, thanks all! Great Site!

2.  Top
  3. Haha! He doesn't need the worm to turn now he has a turntable?

Thanks for reply Loz

4. I reckon the full day HART test would be the go. Plenty of time to practice in the morning then a quick practical test in the afternoon. If you can stay upright you can pass. GOOD LUCK!

:cool:

5. the practice sessions are good value and well worthwhile. I did one to move from a scooter to a bike then did my licence test on the bike. there were a few dirt bike riders there learning to adjust to road bikes.

6. Appreciate your responses Betelgeuse & twistngo.

Has anyone been on one of the refresher sessions at HART?