Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Advice on buying 06' Yamaha R1 50th Anniversary

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by tamsta88, Jun 18, 2009.

1. hey guys
    as the topic states, everyone knows that yellow anniversary R1.. my friend is selling his one for really cheap with 14, 000 km on the clock. The only down side is that it has been dropped and there are scratches on the top of the right fairing near the fuel tank. The upside is that it has 1 year rego as of 2 weeks ago.
    Asking price is 10K. Think I should buy it or not really? And how much could I sell it for?

2. Are you just going to buy it to sell it? Would it be worth it after change of ownership costs etc? I saw an immaculate Triumph sprint go for 8.5k, shoulda went for 12. Shoulda bought it myself.

I think it's a good deal. Scratches add character, and you aren't looking at scratches when you are riding it. 14000 km is nothing on a modern litre bike. Hows the service history?

3. Is that the one with the Ohlins kit?? If so BUY it!!!

But genuine replacement parts for the damaged bits will be very expensive.