Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Advice on best way to flog a bike?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by wazza, Feb 9, 2005.

1. I need to sell one of my bikes, and have tried using bikepoint.com.au and bikesales.com.au - to no avail - not a cracker of a response! I put good photos on both sites and its reasonably priced, so I'm at a loss to understand why no response.

Is there a better way to advertise your bike these days?

2. I sold my Across thru ebay, i had to relist it 4 times but it eventually sold.

3. I bought my bike through tradingpost.com.au. I did consult bikesales and bikepoint, but in the end, trading post had alot more entries and I think more viewers as well.

I think that the aussie tradition in buying something used tend to be 'the trading post' and this also means that people tended to gravitate to the online version of this. So if you want more viewers, try the trading post out.

4. Tried Ebay? I almost bought a couple of bike's through them...

Have to make sure the buyer is kosher though...

5. Trading Post should change theyre policy to allow one photo to be inserted in ads for free when viewed online, this is the main reason i think why not a hell of a lot more people use the trading post.

6. Yea I'd like that. But the thing is for me I'll figure what the bike looks like from the other places like bikesales and bikepoint. Once I know what it looks like, I don't need to see more pictures. No ones really going to take pictures of any cosmetic damage. I prefer to call them up and ask, and go onsite and take a look.

But I do notice that tradingpost bikes are cheaper than the others. 250s anyways, I'm not sure about the others.