Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Advice on a upgrading

Discussion in 'Cruisers' started by Oscar33, Oct 14, 2007.

1. Hey all i was thinking about my next bike i'm split between the Honda shadow 750cc and my dream bike the Triumph rocket III, the problem is I REALLY want to get the rocket but thats a lot of bike to get after being on a 250cc virago. So this is a question to all you more experienced riders out there am i better off going for the next step up in power or going the hole nine yards?

2. Make a call and see how much the insurance is on the Rocket III .
    For a`21 year old .?
  3. :WStupid:

You may find that an intermediate step has less to do with your ability to ride than your ability to pay.

Also bear in mind that this next bike isn't the last one that you'll ever own, the dream bike will still be there later.
  4. ^^^^^ Listen to the wise man, young Rocketeer!!!!!!!!
  5. Buy your cruiser with your heart. If it doesn't call to you then you won't be 100% happy.

That said, the Shadow is a terrific bike, as is the Rocket. If you can't afford the rocket (and the insurance on the $25k monster for a 21yo will be around the price of 3 pure souls), then you have a good 2nd choice in the Shadow.

Personally I'd love a rocket, but the hip pocket prevented it. I had to content myself with my Road Star (not a bad second choice I can tell you!)