Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Advice on a 03' ZZR

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by cameron, Nov 17, 2006.

1. hi guys, going for my Ls next week. went window shopping today.

so the local dealership has an 03' ZZR250, black, 24000 kms. No damage, looks immaculate. Standard warranty. Full service history

asking for $6990, which is ridiculous (and the salesman i was talking to knows it). I was told that once i get my Ls, i should go back, at which point they'd let me test ride any of the learner bikes i want.

so how much should i pay for the thing? whats a fair price, assuming that ill be buying all my gear from them as well?

any help is appreciated, cheers.

2. My bike is a 99 with the same milage on it, I paid sub 5 for it. So 7 is prety exy for the bike.

[EDIT]Though mine was private sale not through a dealer.[/EDIT]
  3. learn 2 buy privatly and save $2k
  4. heya... i think thats a bit exy..... mine is an '01 and paid 4K on road for it... with only 24000 on it.... definitely try to talk em down or look privately for sure... is how i got mine....
  5. I would bee looking privatley otherwise IMO your always going to pay too much.

I picked up my '02' ZZR 17,000ks , $4k private sale. Like new apart from a couple of small scratches
  6. Use site at following link as a guide. http://www.redbookasiapacific.com/au/

Trade in price guide $3,000 - $3,600
    National average price - private sale* $4,300 - $5,100
    Price when new (RRP) $8,490

* Dealers usually charge a lil more than Market value because the dealer prepares the bike more thoroughly,
    both mechanically and aesthetically, and provides a consumer warranty.

Milage for your bike is on the high side as well. Unless they can drop min $2k off the price I wouldnt give em
    a second thought because that aint even coming close to being a decent deal. IMHO.
  7. I paid $5800 for my '02 zzr with 4000km on it. A private sale, hadn't even been riden in the rain. So you might have to wait a little longer but private is the way to go, if you have someone to help.
  8. 5000 for 02 with 18300kms, immac condition, but they really needed sales.

Yeh I think the main prob with buying 2nd hand for your first bike is not knowing how to protect yourself from getting ripped off, and the security that you're probably not getting a total PoS from a dealer.

What would be really great is if you could snag someone very bike savvy from around your area Cam and get them to come along and have a look at some bikes with you. That'll give you something to b*tchslap them with pricewise. My dad helped me get my $6990 down to $5000, so it can be done. Anyone able to help him do that?
  9. Yeah, what Jared (phizog) said. i know nothing about bikes - warranty is something i look forward to.

the zzr im currently looking at is being sold by Red Baron in liverpool, just corner hume and hoxton park road. If anyone could suss it out for me, please send me a PM.