Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Advice needed re Joe Rocket gear

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by GW 18 & 5, Sep 10, 2008.

1. Apologies if this has already been done. I did a Joe Rocket search and spent an hour looking already!

I've just received my $699 Joe Rocket voucher after buying a GSX-R 750. I'm looking at getting a suit (1 or 2 piece, not sure yet) for track days.

Can anyone share their opinions/experiences with Joe Rocket suits? Would I be better off just getting pants to go with my AGV jacket I already own?

Thanks in advance.

2. I've just noticed that at the end of my original post there is a Google ad. I don't know how it got there and I can't remove it. Mods, sorry but can this be removed please?
  3. Yeah sure.

Can I have you sign a direct debit form for monthly deductions from your account to help keep this place free?

Awesome thanks.

What? you don't wish to contribute? Damn, Guess the ad needs to stay then :p

Oh and fwiw, I think JR gear sucks arse ;)
  4. I don't own any JR gear myself, but a mate who races historics has a JR one-piece that he's now been wearing for a couple of seasons.

Considering how regularly his LC350 seizes and spits him off at decent velocities the suit is holding up well. Worst damage was about 50mm of stitching on one elbow that was abraded, but didn't expose any skin. Otherwise, a few scuffs and scrapes

I'll be buying a budget suit in the very near future and I'll certainly look at JR on the basis of Mate's experience.
  5. Their cheap stuff... is cheap. Their not so cheap stuff seems to be better quality. All in all - you pretty much get what you pay for. I also would will be looking at a JR 1 piece soon.
  6. Sorry Vic, I didn't realise that mate!

Thanks for the advice. Guess I'll find something from the JR site given it's 'free'.