Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Advice Needed RE: Brake and Clutch Levers

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' at netrider.net.au started by ArbitraryEmu, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Hey guys,
    I require new clutch and brake levers for my 2007 Aprillia RSV1000R. Genuine parts are over $200 per lever, Pazzo will make me a set for $300.
    Reason for replacement is the factory adjuster for the brake lever has broken, and now the lever can travel all the way to handle bar under emergency braking (as the pads wear I have no doubt this will get me killed.) and the clutch switch activation pin on the clutch lever has broken off, so the bike will not start in gear even with the clutch in. (I stalled in traffic the other day and had to push the bike off the road because neutral is a pain in the A$$ to find!)

Wouldn't mind going a bit aftermarket and blingy.

There are heaps of cheaper options on ebay, but when I look at the pics of aftermarket ones I can't see the clutch switch activation pin hanging off the lever?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

2. I put a pair of SDR levers on my Tracer and there's a piece that sits against the clutch switch. YMMV

• Like Like x 1