Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Advice needed on first Super Sport Bike

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by Felix, Mar 8, 2011.

1. Hey Guys,

I could really use some advice.

Coming off my first bike, a Ninja 650R and upgrading to a 1000cc sports bike. Possibly a 750.

I plan to keep this bike for quite a few years and want something I can grow my riding skills with. It will be 08 or newer with lowish kms. Price is not a factor in this decision. I do not commute and I ride bikes purely for love. I spend 99% percent of my time in the Royal National Park or anywhere else I can find corners. Although I consider myself a safety conscious and sensible rider, I have a corner addiction and this will be the focus of the bike that I get. I’m fully aware of the power…. and pain that these bikes can deliver if not treated with sensibility and respect. I’m also planning on doing a lot more riding courses and track days at Eastern Creek though, as mentioned, 99% of my riding will be on public roads. I am 5’10 and 84kg. I believe I couldn’t go wrong with any of these bikes but I would be really grateful for your experience, input and opinions on the choice for my next bike.

The bikes I am considering are:
    • GSX R 1000
    • GSX R 750
    • ZX 10
    • YZF R1
    • CBR 1000 RR
    Which would you choose if you were me and why ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

2. They are all so similar just go for the one which puts the biggest grin on your face. Only you know which one that will be.
  3. R1!!!!!!!!! But I'm bias!! Lol
  4. ZX10 ... its the Size of the 750 and loves corners :D
  5. Didn't this just go round.
    Mate there all good. The best one is the one YOU ride and YOU like the best. If you don't try them all then your humping squirrels. Just take a few weekends and hit the dealers. That's what their there for.
  6. lock this thread, its the same original poster.
  7. CR500
    Hopefully it makes your wife a widow, because I'm sick of hearing the same god damn question
  8. Sorry guys. I changed my mind about which section to post it in and cant work out how to delete the thread. Do you know how I do it ?