Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Advice needed: Best chick boots?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by missrider, Apr 8, 2010.

1. Hi guys :)

I'm need some new riding boots. I have a new St Triple r which I will be riding to Uni, work and for fun.

I'm not sure if I should get short or high, full sports/protective or more fashion conscious (inconspicuous) ones...

Recommendations from other lady riders would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers Anna
  2. Its really a personal choice. I went for "Brake-Lights" made by Harley Davidson only because they had extra height in the soles which compensated for my short legs which wouldnt touch the ground otherwise, no matter what. These boots are ankle height, and have two zippers each along with trendy looking laces which wrap around the boot itself. Comfortable from day one and still going strong even after years of solid riding.
  3. knee high stilleto boots like all the women wear in eastern europe ( drool )
  4. you wear boots for protection so why wouldn't you get the ones that offer the most at your set price point, I have a couple of pairs of Sidi boots and love them, comfy on and off the bike even though they are a race style boot.

You could look at

5. If you get full protective boots, you may find it a bit more uncomfortable to walk around in as they are designed to restrict movement.
    Sidi b2's are very popular but I wouldn't like to walk around heaps in mine.
    Full height boots can get quite warm to.

If you have a locker or something like that at uni, I would say wear decent full height boots and change your footwear when you get there.

If not maybe something like
  6. I know MCAS are in the wrong state for you to visit but the website should give you an idea of what's out there and the price ranges.
    Bike Gear Warehouse offer delivery so they could be a consideration in terms of purchasing from should they have what you're after.
    The only way you'll be able to get an answer will be to work your balance between protection, (all day) comfort and price. I'd say price will be the big consideration as you'll be able to get a boot that will be a fair compromise between the other two factors if you're willing to shell out the readies.
    Beyond that I don't have any recommendation as I'm not a chick and I went with the boots that I got for free :p
  7. You could always just go into a store and try a whole lot on.. that seems to be the most popular way of finding a good size/fit.

Also I used to work in warehousing, so was on my feet all day.. I got some orthodic insoles for my boots and never got sore feet ever again.
    When using them in my bike boots I find its comfortable enough to walk around all day, sometimes even forgetting I have boots on.

There are some brands available which offer most of the protection that racing boots do, but look more like a regular shoe, especially when covered up by jeans and the like. So you may be able to find something you can wear all day.

8. +1 for Sidi B2's... very comfortable (y)

9. My wife found Rossi's to be the best fitting motorcycle boot for her. But she now wears heavy duty 'hikeing' boots. There are a couple of factors that will determine which boot is best for YOU.

1. Fit - if you've got big calves, good luck finding a motorcycle boot to fit.
    2. Price
    3. Comfort/suitability - if you will be wearing them all day, then 'race replica' boots will not be suitable.
  10. i don't think i could wear riding boots all day... i leave mine in the locker at work.

you can still find white sidi vertigos at bargain prices if you shop around the net. CE 2

theres also closeouts on tcx competizione s, very good boots for the price. CE 2

but, you really can't go past sidi's , great protection and still great feel, and really quite comfy too.

i guess 'comfort' is relative though... any decent boot will really only allow you enough movement/flexibility to change gears, being minimal lateral heel/toe movement... any more flexiblilty in the boot would compromise safety somewhere.

USD dollars (aus dollar around 90 cents i think?)plus postage, still a massive saving if you don't mind waiting a week or two>

try e-bay international too
  11. Thanks everyone for all the info :)

I've decided on Sidi's, due to their comfort & adjustability etc. (Vertigo Lei's)

Just shopping around on the net now to get the best price...

Thanks again :)
  12. Thanks heaps! Ordered them off this site, $280.00 AUD delivered :) Stoked
  13. I've got a pair of these, Sidi Lei. A tad pricey though.
    I wear them all day in the workshop.

Attached Files:

14. Received my boots from www.newenough.com last Friday, perfect fit
    (used their size chart to measure my foot, ended up down half a size from my normal).

Really happy with the boots and service. Highly recommend.

Sidi Vertigo Lei's $280 delivered BARGAIN!
  15. lol, glad to hear you got the right size/fit.
    great boots sidi's, nothing compares.
    i've had good service from that mob too... once they sent me the wrong parts, so i emailed to exchange and they just told me to keep those parts and then they sent me the right parts!... was'nt worth it for the price of postage i guess...sooo, basically, I GOT FREE STUFF!
  16. bmw all rounders for me

Soft comfortable but all the protection you are likely to need OUTSIDE the race track. and I wear mine around the office all day long.

Best of all they are waterproof !!, they have a gortex liner so nothing gets in. at the net rider meet weekend in jindy, my feet stayed dry (well at least until I got off the bike and all the water that had soaked through my riding gear ran down my legs and into my boots)

The cost..... $325