Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Advice for new rider

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by Mel82, Dec 10, 2007.

1. Hi there,

Im very new to this site. Just wondering if any of you gurus out there could help me out on a few things.

I brought a Hyosung GT250 about 6 months ago (dont hold it against me!) unfortunately I havent riden it as much as Ive wanted to and to date have only done 600ks. Is it a problem i havent taken it in for its first service?? Im about to organise that soon. Does anyone know a good mechanic in Adelaide that wont try and rip me off because Im a girl ;o)

Also, im moving to the Gold Coast in the New Year and would love to get any advice on how to get my bike up there. Im not confident riding that far so any ideas would be really appreciated. Is it expensive? oh and 1 more thing, How long can bikes be left without them being started as well?

Thanks for any help you can give me...
  2. You can find all these in the partners menu link on the left .. or just go here and scroll down a bit https://netrider.net.au/?page=partners&BusinessType=Transport

10% discount for netrider members

Bikeway Motorcycle Transport

Campbelltown Nsw 2560

Mobile: 0419-279-138
    5% discount for Netrider members

Easy Trailer

Unit 5, 21 Power Road
    Bayswater Vic 3153

Phone: 1300 881 787
    Fax: 03 9729 2605
    We offer intl freight, crating, quarantine & customs clearance solutions for touring parties or individuals moving overseas on a temporary or permanent basis. A travel agent for your bike ! 10% off all international freight to members and their referred customers.

Freightmoves Pty Ltd

Warehouse 6b
    443 West Botany Street
    Rockdale Nsw 2216

Phone: 02 9587 5111
    Fax: 02 9587 5222
    Mobile: 0409 897 774
    Logo image unavailable 10 % off for net riders

GN Racing - Motor bike transport

Carrum Downs Vic 3201

Phone: 0432 356 237
    $50 off for Pre Purchase Inspections to Netrider clients and a $10 discount for interstate transportations

Mitcham Victoria
    Phone: (03) 9884 1944
    10% off all transport, towing or recovery

Motorcycle Logistics

Po Box 221
    Keilor Vic 3036

Fax: 03 9390 8197
    Mobile: 0419 521 939
    Logo image unavailable 10% off for all members of netrider

Steelhorse Transport

34/3 Arundel Dr
    Arundel Qld 4214

Mobile: 0404994905
  3. Welcome to NR. As for the first service it needs to be done @ or around 1000 k's, Some say an oil change @ 500k's. When u move where r u going to in Brisvagas? I towed my bike to Qld. I bought it from Sydney when i lived in Melb & had it shipped down there by http://www.allwestmotorcyclecarriers.com.au/contact.htm Ladies name is Jennine. Cost me a couple o Hundred $$$$$ but it arrived in one piece. They will pickup from S.A. & Deliver to Qld. If memory serves me correct (HA) it would have cost me $385 from Melb 2 Qld
  4. Thanks Buggarr, Im not sure exactly what suburb im moving to, around the gold coast area though. Driving up there in the new year and will suss it all out then.
    So when I go Im leaving my bike in SA until I know where Im going. Can it just sit without it being started for a while or will it not be so good? Hopefully i will find something quickly but Im heading up to see my family in North QLD for a month first. Will it be ok? I had this shitty scooter that i couldnt even leave for 2 wks without it killing the battery.

Anyway, thanks again guys for your help on couriers.
  5. No it souldn't be left that long (4-6 weeks). the most i have left my bike without starting it was 2 weeks and even then i had problems.

I'm about half way between Bris & the Gold Coast in Redland Bay.

We found this place online. But we had family up here so they could go & have a look 4 us (We r from Melb). We Just specified wot we /I wanted and that's wot we got. If u like i can give u the name & # on the Agent that we used.
  6. Pay my ticket back and I'll ride it up for you :grin:

Seriously, give it a go yourself. Plan to do 500ks a day and do it in 3 1/2 days easy. As far as leaving it, disconnect the battery and it will take it better. Also, put it on a trickle charger before you leave to make sure it was fully charged. Fill it up with fuel right to the top, that stops condensation forming in the tank which can cause problems. If it has a fuel tap, turn it off before you leave.
  7. Um for someone who has only done 600kms on this bike and previously ridden a scooter I wouldn't be recommending a trip like this. It is a new bike so I wouldn't think you should have any trouble leaving it for a month but as bandit says, a trickle charger will ensure that your battery stays charged.
  8. Thanks every1 for your advice, its has helped me alot. And yeah, 600kms and a previous scooter doesnt give me enough confidence to ride up by myself. Id rather just get it sent up.
    Thanks again, and happy new year!!