Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

ADVICE: Confusing Red light, Road Rules

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by syllence, May 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Good morning, afternoon all,

I would like to your advice on a red light camera at a pretty confusing intersection where I got flashed last night...

For those of you who know the beautiful Melbourne city, I was stopped at the Flinders, and Williams street intersection, going into the city as you can see on the paint drawing that I’ve done, and i originally wanted to turn right, as the right arrow turned red and the circle was green I went straight a head following this guy in front of me (up to Williams St) thinking that it was OK, this is where I was flashed..

The thing is that as you can see on the drawing there are 4 lights in front of me, 3 with green ‘go’ circles and 2 with red arrows, which is weird because if it was forbidden for me to go straight a head it shouldn’t have had the green go circles on my traffic lights – right next to the red arrows.

Hopefully you will be able to give me some advice, and tell me if you think that i will get a fine or not and if so, can i do something...?

Thanks heaps in advance for your help.
  2. dont know if its just me mate, but i cant see your picture, maybe try hosting it on a website (like photobucket or similar) and posting up the link???
  3. Welcome to Netrider!
  4. is it possible that the intersection also has a speed camera. So you may not have been done for going through the green but for speeding through the intersection
  5. Flinders & William is a combined red-light/speed camera, yes.
  6. Thanks mate ! :wink:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.