Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Advice before test rides

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by Ride4fun, May 24, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Good morning everyone. Im booking a few test rides for next week. What advice can you give me before i hop on these 4 bikes?

Yamaha MT-09
    Triumph Street Triple
    Kawasaki z800
    Suzuki GSX750

Love to hear from you

2. HOLD IT SOUTH! lol :hungry:

• Like Like x 2
  3. Have you finances ready because you'll definitely find something in that list that will make you grin like a schoolboy in a stripclub.

All the usual things apply. Make sure you get a decent ride on them, including traffic and highway riding. There is a fair gap from the cheapest to the most expensive, so you'll have to weigh up the pros and cons and put them into monetary terms if budget is a factor.

• Like Like x 1
  4. My advice is to ride a speed triple instead of the street and to forget the z800 and go straight for the z1000.

5. thanks guys.. good to hear your advice. i am happy to give up a bit of power for a more complete overall bike. From a financial point of view i only have a $8k to spend on the bike but i belive i should be able get something decent with my budget

6. Read the insurance disclaimer very carefully before you sign it, so you know the level of risk you are taking. The excess is often very high and covered by a credit card deposit.
    Obviously you need that amount available on your card. Usually it's never processed but sometimes it's processed and then cancelled which means the bank can hold on to it for a few days before refunding. This can add up and leave you short.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. I'd say.....don't be shy with them. You need to know how they are in the conditions you want to be riding in.

• Like Like x 3
  8. ride the one you think you will like the least, first and work your way up from there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. If I had $8k , I would buy a 2010+ gen 3 z1000 all day long mate.

• Like Like x 2