Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Adventure/touring boots

Discussion in 'Adventure/Enduro' started by Harryboy, Oct 27, 2015.

1. hi, just bought a used 650 Dakar with a view to doing some road riding and also getting into some light off road stuff. I need some gloves, boots, pants and a jacket and was after some reccomendations. I am trying to buy multi purpose gear that will work for me in both on and off road situations. Any advice appreciated

2. What's your budget?
    There are adventure-style boots around from under $200 (Axo, Oneal) to over $1000 (Gaerne, Forma etc).
  3. Budget is definitely at the lower end
  4. I have the Gaerne GX-1 boots. (Paid $180 USD) I use them for on and off road. Even have done a mile hike in them. But that wasn't the most comfortable because they were a bit heavy.
  5. I've heard great things about Forma Boots.
    Around the $300.00 mark, but worth every penny, I'm told.
  6. Some of the gear I wear depending on if I am either just road riding on the KTM 1190 or road/dirt on the KTM 640 .
    Road/ dirt - I wear Fox boots, a Dri rider rally cross jacket, Fox motorcross pants with knee guards under neath, motorcross gloves
    Road riding 1190 - Bull it kevlar pants, Alpine stars gloves., leather jacket. Magnum Hi tech long boots.