Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Adventure riders?

Discussion in 'Adventure/Enduro' at netrider.net.au started by vOOdsy, Aug 3, 2008.

1. So who here has an adventure bike (ie. Dr650, klr650, F650, etc...)?

2. We do!

3. one here....

4. Yep, KLR650!

5. I'm looking at an Africa Twin or something of the like... its a Honda ;) :p

6. Yep :grin:

7. Grouse... about time this site had a section for Chookies.

XR650R here. The crimson battle pig's rearin for an outback adventure.

Hey Toey, you still got that Husky... or was it a Husa?

8. Yep '97 DR650

9. Hey, that sounds sweet, unfortunately I dont have an active dirt bike ATM :(

10. Count me in vOOdsy

11. Excellent..just checking my weekends and of course the weather.

12. Great pics. At least 6 months away for me though........

13. Yep -here's my wee beasty :) :)
    DirtyKTM2.

14. Yep -that is the hardparts tank, locking fuel cap & the comfort seat. To be honest, I am not sure of the eaxact price because I got my tank due to it being a leftover from a promotion KTM had run a long while back. But I do know the tank is worth over $800, the seat around $200 & I think the cap is around the $100 mark :shock: :shock: :shock: You do need the seat to match the tank.

Safari tanks (Aqualine?) do a supertanker sized 27 litre? tank for the SXC that mates to the origional seat & I am pretty sure a 17 litre or there abouts will be available pretty soon -if not all ready. Going from memory I think they are round the 6-700 dollar mark.

I went a bit nuts & lashed out & bought this setup for mine as well :LOL: :LOL:
    KTMmotard1.
    Best of both worlds in my humble opinion :wink: That bike has been the best fun I've ever had on 2 wheels. You would not believe how quick it is in the tight twisties in that guise :cool: :cool:

15. Cheers for the reply. I know exactly what you mean - I've just bought a LC4 SM. I've already emailed RVAqualine about the tanks... thanks for the link.

I knew KTM were expensive but when I called and found out the luggage racks were $850 I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. It looks like I'll be searching the Internet for any add-ons.

16. Still got the TE610, not ridden as much as the road bike at the moment :oops:

17. I got these racks and bags - delivered in a week, and $$ is much stronger now with reasonable postage

http://www.dbzproducts.com/models.htm

Give 'em a call/email very happy to send overseas

18. klr650 - count me in :)