Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Advanced riding course.

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by discocbr, May 10, 2008.

1. Was just wondering about doing an advanced riding coarse to lower my insurance and to make sure im alive to see the kids grow up.
    Is there any thaat you guys would recomend that you have done or heard of.Just think it would be a really good investment in more ways than one.Cheers Dave...............

2. Stay Upright do a good intermediate course so I am told. They also offer more advanced courses (check their website).

I've also heard good things about Honda Australia Rider Training. Pretty sure both are covered as "official" training for insurance purposes but YMMV.

3. Hi guys, first post here.

Do most bike insurers offer a discount on ART courses? What sort of discount do they usually give and are all courses recognised?

4. stay upright advanced course. the only reason i havnt done it yet is that im still trying to get the army to pay for it. honda courses are ok, cheap, but not really thorough, and i found em not to really help a massive deal, i guess it depends on where you are at with your riding. if you are green as and more newb than a jewb, honda handeling dynamics might be alright, otherwise id go with stay upright adv cse.

5. Did this one at HART St Ives

Good course, thoroughly recommend it. QBE give a discount, I think its 5%

6. Ask Stay Upright for a course with Wayne Clarke as the Instructor. He is the best there is.

7. Thanks for that. Do you mean QBE gives a discount off the cost of the course, or off their premiums if you've done that course?

8. No the premium, which is generally more than the cost of the course :wink:

9. Don't do a course to lower a premium, do a course to become a better rider.

Regards, Andrew.

10. +1, do a course to be a beter rider, over time that adds up to lower premiums