Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Advanced/Intermediate training

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by mustang1966coupe, Mar 28, 2006.

1. Hi Folks

I have done a search looking for more information on Advanced/Intermediate rider training. I have found a little information on HART, but as Stay Upright is much closer to where I live I was looking at doing one of their courses.

Is one course better than the other for someone like me who has recently passed the MOST, and wants to build up their skill level and confidence even more?

Cheers
    Mark

2. i have also been thinking of doing an intermediate course.

stay upright is the one that i have been recommended strongly. i also like the look of the one at ridetek. it probably cos all the details are on the website.

i will probably do the stay upright one as they seem to have a clear course strcuture. and also offer a dirt bike course which i am interested in.

the next intermediate one is on 30 apr. so i might sign up for that one.

3. Thanks for the response mate.

I think both places would be good. The only difference between the Advanced and the Intermediate seems to be one is run at Oran Park (for those of us in Sydney, Calder/PI in Melbourne I gather) and the other couse is a road based training course.

Still as I become more confident on the bike, I tend to push a little harder and I guess this is where more rider training will come in handy.

Cheers
    Mark

4. Hi there,

i'm new to the fourm, but am a big fan of rider training courses.
    I have completed a few at HART in Melb, and the instructors ensure that you have good technique, and get you out of bad habits.
    The training i did at Hart, was put to good use over a few years of road racing. They give you the confidence, and correct mind set to build up your skill, and just keep building on what you alreadsy feel confident in doing.
    I have never trained at a stay upright course so i can't compare.

stan