Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

ADR Changes

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by BiX, Jun 9, 2006.

1. I was just reading the RACQ magazine, and in it, there is a short article about how the ADR's are being chnaged,so that speedo accuracy can only over read.

At current i understand that speed's must be +/- 10% eg if you are doing 100km/hr on your speedo you can be going from 90km/h to 110km/h and hence why they try not to ping you for speeding below this threshold (well in qld anyaway)

But tht new law says that if you doing 100 your speedo may only read over by 10% plus 4km/hr eg if you are doing 100 acutal speed, you speedo reading will be between 100 and 114 km/hr.

How this will work, as as long as there are older cars, complianced under the old adr's the speedo's will still have +/- 10% and hence can be used as an excuse for why you were doing 110km, but the signs are that soon, you will be able to be pinged for 1km/hr over.........
  2. Bit late there mate, I got 'lasered' at 61 in a 60 limit, and in Vic and WA at least, Multinova's have been set as low as 2k's over for quite a while. The ADR 'speedo defense' has been tried in court and it failed, Dog know's why, but it did.
  3. I was of the understanding that this has always been the case

Hence why there is no 'speedo defence', happy to be corrected though.
  4. But wouldn't you have been done for 64km/h over, but corrected to 61km?
    Cos there is always there correction, even if it was a laser.
  5. I did say in qld anyway........