Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Adjusting brake and clutch lever on CBR250R

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by Polowski, Jun 6, 2008.

1. I was wondering if any of you could explain to me (keeping in mind that I am a motorcycle noob) how I can adjust the brake and clutch levers so that they are a bit closer to the handlebars.

I have stumpy fingers :mad: :mad: and i feel it would be a bit safer and more efficient if i didnt have to do serious stretching in order to get all 4 fingers over the levers when in use.

I have a MC19 1988 CBR250R noobmobile.

2. Is there a wheel with numbers on it on the brake lever? If so push the lever forward and rotate the wheel to another number.
    Clutch levers usually aren't adjustable - but is sometimes possible to replace with one that has a better shape.
  3. Ill have to wait until this afternoon when I get home and can take a closer look

i figured the long weekend was a perfect opportunity to fix a few of the little niggling problems i have found with the bike
  4. Theres a little wheel on your brake lever, if you want i can take a pic of it, but theres a little bit of adjustment with that, its bugger all tho. Can't adjust your clutch im afraid.
  5. i actually had a closer look and you are right, there is a little twist knob thing that actually adjusts it for you. so simple i cant believe i didnt see it before i made this post!

the brake was the main issue im not really that worried about the clutch, that is actually ok.

thanks for the tips folks :)
  6. Owner's Manual is a wonderful thing, buy one off Ebay.
    Lots of useful information on getting teh most out of your bike.

Regards, Andrew.