Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Adjusted suspension (finally)

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by MaxBlack, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Leave alone, factory knows best

2. Play with 'till I get it right

0 vote(s)
  3. You can adjust suspension?

0 vote(s)
  4. Get my mates to adjust it

0 vote(s)
  5. Eat candy, I don't even check my tyre pressures let alone think about suspension.

0 vote(s)
  1. Finally got around to adjusting the suspension on my ZX14

160-180km sweepers (track of course :shock:) were getting very scary (wallowing and threatening slappers), so I had to do it.

What a revelation, my big fat loose pig is now a big tight taut pig :LOL:

But seriously 90% of the wallowing is gone and it feels like a different bike, and surprisingly, normal riding comfort hasn't been compromised to any large degree.

There is very little rebound (1/4 turn) and compression (1/2 turn) (from max) adjustment left in the rear. It took that much to tighten things up.

The front is better, but static sag was far too much with the standard pre-load setting.

I would love to sample top line suspension one day, I'm sure it would be amazing, compliant and composed now that would be something.

Anyway the purpose of this thread is:

Take the time to adjust your suspension (if adjustable of course) it can make a world of difference to your bikes handling and thus your riding confidence (and safety).