Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Adelaide riding gear stockists?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by BlueEyedBaby, Dec 13, 2007.

1. Hey guys.
    Im going for my L's in Jan. I want to get an idea on what riding equipment i want/need (ie helmet, jacket, boots and gloves).
    Where is the best place in Adelaide, for advice as well as price?
    Any advice is much appreciated,

2. Best places for choice are (imho) Peter Stevens and Bills Motorcycles in the city.

Best prices are usually to be found at a little place we like to call "Grumpy's" (NOT the real name) on Morphett St, between Franklin St and Light Square.
  3. haha, all my mates call him that too :)

definately good prices though.....i've bought a fair bit there......
  4. My apologies for replying a month late, but I believe "Grumpy's" is Adelaide Motorcycle Accessories @ 271 Morphett St.
    No website that I can find and they are shut until the 14th of jan. :mad:
  5. All those places are good, I also go to MaxiMoto on Main North Rd just up from Grand Junction Rd heading towards the city. Not a huge range but well priced, Funny foreign dudes work there remind me of these two :LOL:

Ten points if you know the movie :)

6. I suspect it's the aliens from "Dude, where's my car?", possibly the worst movie I have ever seen.
  7. Just don't be shy to barter with the larger companies! As a general rule of thumb, you don't need to pay the marked price...

I recommend both of Bills stores (north & city) as well as Peter Stevens. The guys there are all great (to me anyway) and have always looked after me.

Grumpy's is good for prices, but range isnt really there, but as most things, that depends on personal taste.
  8. Thanks for the replies!
    Ill get out there next week (after the 14th..). So you recommend counter-offering as such 2Cute4U, at Bills stores specifically?
    Much appreciated guys. :grin:
  9. Come on, like that movie wasn't good! :LOL: :LOL: I take 5 points back for bad taste!:p

Yes most definitely barter with them, I went to PS (who had 15% off sale) last week, but they didn't have what I wanted in stock, so I went to Bills and told them PS had a sale on and they matched the price on my helmet. Which means I got a tinted Visor for free! :cool: