Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Adelaide rider loss

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Red Dragon, Aug 14, 2006.

1. Just read another rider killed on Saturday Aug 12th on the Gorge Road,Cudlee Creek,Nth East of Adelaide,didnt say much in the report so not sure of what happened , Have fun guys but please stay within your limits,which are more than probably a lot lower than your bikes' limit..This road is a great ride but is unforgiving if anything goes wrong,
    Condolences to riders family..

2. Another one, another loss. Carefull everybody.
    My condolences to the family.
  3. My condolences also to all concerned!
  4. Condolences to all involved.

I heard yesterday there was a scooter rider killed when he versed a 4WD about 5 ks from me,Male age 57 on the Old Mandurah rd where it intersected Dixon and Gilmore I think.
    A friend of mine said she saw the body as it was being covered.I have looked for any news regarding this but so far havent found any.
  5. The Cudlee Creek was a guard rail hit.

Excessive speed? Or bad road surface obviously led to loss of traction on a left hander I believe. The notorious Gorge strikes again hey. Living at the bottom of it has enabled me to really see just how bad it is. The roads perfect but guys just go too hard on it.
  6. i was up gorge on sat and half of the gorge road was closed off and we had to detour. saw CFS everywhere and didnt know what the hell was going on because they just told us to go a diff way.
    i feel for the guys family
  7. Guys - this one hits a bit close to home for me.

the person who died is a great mate of one of my friends at work.

I've met him once, and he was a nice bloke.

Don't know all the details yet as my workmate's been off from work for obvious reasons.

However I DO know that the rider was hit by a car - THEN he hit the guard rail.

The bloke's girlfriend, who only recently got her advanced licence and rides a 250 Zeal was with him at the time.

Once I know more about how the accident occured, I'll let you guys know.

Meanwhile - RIP mate, and condolences to your loved ones.
  8. Truly sorry to hear about the crash, my condolences go out to the family and friends :(

9. Condolances to the girl. She must be traumatised.

I hope she finds some peace.
  10. condolences to all concerned. but after talking to the relaitve authorities (deal with the police mechanics quite a bit) they are confident it was excessive speed that caused this accident, not another car or poor road surface. apparently a video has surfaced. hopefully incidents like this, as tragic as they are serve as a warning to us all to slow us down.
  11. I'd only met Rob once or twice, but a few of the guys I ride with were quite good mates with him, and the word on the grape vine was that he was scrubbing in a new front tyre (not going particularly quick), that let go on him. I didn't hear anything about being hit by a car.

Excessive speed is hardly a satisfactroy explanation for the cause of the crash, as by their definition of excessive speed, most crashes have their cause listed as "excessive speed". I don't think this is the time or place to get into such, however, so I shall digress.

My thoughts and prayers go out to Nes an the family.
    R.I.P Mate.
  12. This year isn't so bad, but road conditions on the gorge this time of the year
    vary wildly.
  13. my workmate is back at work today - and he cleared up what happened for me. the story about a car being involved came from one of my other workmates - I assumed he's spoken to my workmate & knew what had happened, apparently he hadn't and HE assumed a car was involved.

My workmate concurs that yes Rob had a new front tyre, a dunlop 209, and he was not happy with it. so he went up the gorge to scrub it in - the tyre let go & he hit the guard rail.

he belives, from talking with Ness over the last few days, that the front tyre couldn't hold up to the gorge at 80-100kph.
  14. My condolences to all involved.

I heard this morning there has been another bike accident down this morning.

I am trying to find info on it. :(

Not a good week so far.
  15. Sad outcome and sympathy to those affected.

To anyone keen on testing/scrubbing a tyre in, find an empty carpark, it is a lot more appropriate than a twisty tree and rock lined road.
  16. R.I.P Rob

only met him a couple of times but he seemed a good bloke.