Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Adelaide ride

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' started by Vulcan88, Sep 2, 2016.

1. Hi All.
    Story, I had a Suzuki Intruder 250, then bought a KAwa Vulcan 1500. Still on my r-date. Foolishly sold the intruder, not i cant ride till Dec 14. So I plan on taking that day off and going for a long ride. Can anyone recommend a nice ride around Adelaide? TIA

2. Welcome to NR from Adelaide.
    From your place, head north to Saddleworth, hang a right hand turn and ride to Marrabel. At the T junction take a right and ride to Kapunda and about 5-8 km out of town hang a left to Greenock-Nuriioopa-Mt Pleasant-Birdwood-Chain of Ponds-Inglewood. Now do a U turn and ride the Chain of Ponds rd. again. As you leave the ponds behind take the next left and ride to Lyndoch- Tanunda. At the roundabout just out of Tanunda go left to Greenoch-Kapunda and home again.
  3. That is a nice open-road route. Well except chain of ponds which is 'funner' and tighter.