Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Adelaide - Perth

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' at netrider.net.au started by Daniel Ey, Jun 12, 2013.

1. To take my 03 zx6rr and purchase tank bags and racks or buy a klr650 or equivalent.any thoughts?

2. I wouldn't choose to do it on either, to be honest. ZX6 will be uncomfortable and boring. KLR will be slow and boring.

However, if the ZX6 is what you have, go for it. I wouldn't be mucking about changing bikes for what is a fairly undemanding trip these days. Not unless you're planning the odd side trip on dirt which you haven't mentioned. Even then, I wouldn't bother with the KLR as a V-Strom will cope adequately with gravel and shits all over the KLR (or any other single) on the road.

3. What @PatB said. Get a vstrom (I am a bit biased as we have 2 at home). It is a long boring drive with no more than about 150kms between fuel, so I would guess it will be a long boring ride. Look out for animals, particularly camels.