Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Adelaide journey vs. black spur in Vic

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' started by pro-pilot, Apr 28, 2008.

1. I had the chance to do both the black spur (with pillion) and some riding in South Australia the week before to do a comparison. All I can say is the spur is walk in the park in comparison in terms of technical difficulty!

In terms of access (time to go and hit the twisties) in Adelaide, I take my hat off to you. The roads, whilst less graded and wide, are some of the best I have ever ridden.

I will show the location of what I think are the best short runs available.

Mitcham to Clarendon

Map 1

More hairpins than you can throw a stick at, all allowing you to get some serious leg down + back end slipping no less than eight 180 degree + turns.

Advantage: bugger all traffic
    Downside: narrow roads means make a mistake and your airborne + occasional road debris

Victor Harbour to Cape Jervis

Map 2

This run is hair-raising with multiple switch backs, but heaps of rough surfaces.

Advantage: You get 30 km of pure twisties. Little traffic.
    Downside: bumps, cattle, road debris

Crafers to bridgewater round robin

Map 3

What can I say.

In short, after coming back and hitting reefton and the spur. Seemed like a beautiful country cruise in comparison.

Ride safe!
  2. Adelaide = Radelaide.

Edglett and Tony live about 10 minutes from the start of the Gorge road, the mongrels.
  3. Looks like quite a god challenging ride.
    Me ... I'm stll learning to walk, so the spur is challenge enough.
    Glad You enjoyed the ride PP
  4. Yeah, we like it. :)

5. The spurs are fun. Crappy road surfaces and unpredictable corners aren't fun!
  6. just need to practice them more :wink:
  7. Yeah, but you're from wheelie-land. You're all nuts there :LOL:
  8. i certainly dont complain at whats in the back yard to play on.. :p
  9. some would argue that anyone on 2 wheels is nuts :LOL: :p
  10. I might very well find it a blast, Del. I'd love to try it some day. I was merely commenting on PP's description. He didn't exactly make it sound appealing to the likes of pansy me :wink:

:LOL: @Stewy. Nah - they just told you that to make you feel better. It's just you :p