Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[ADEL] Mechanic needed

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by Trisha14, Sep 30, 2005.

1. Hi guys.

As I'm relatively new to the biking world was after some help with where to take my baby :) (2004 ZZR-250) for a service.

Basically after someone that does a good job for a reasonable price :wink: . I'm not sure whether to go back to the dealer or try and independant mechanic.

In particular if others from Adelaide can point me to a recommended mechanic that would be great!!

Cheers in advance
  2. Hi Trish,

I'd go to Boltons, for a couple of reasons.
    If this is your 1st service since getting the bike and/or you don't know the full history of the bike from the previous owner, or its service record.

Get them to check the whole bike over, they should be able to give you
    an indication of the bikes 'health'. This will help you budget for future
    services - chains, sprockets, brake pads etc.

A phone call to them, and they should be able to give an cost estimate
    of a service.

They shouldn't charge too much, or they wouldn't still be in business.

If they do, you'll only get burnt once by them, and you've got 5000Kms
    to find another bike mechanic.

You can also do 'minor' serviceing youself - plugs, oil, filters, coolant.

BTW, mines still new and under warranty, so I'm not looking yet.
  3. Hey thanks for the reply... I think mine still has time left on the warranty - doesn't help with servicing though does it??
  4. Your 'book of words' probably says something like - "serviceing must be carried out by an authorised Kawasaki dealer" i.e. themselves/Boltons

If you had to make a warranty claim, and you have not done, as above, they could wash their hands of the whole problem/claim.

You can play it safe or play with the devil, your call.
  5. Ok - gotcha!!!

6. im in the same boat. i need to get my zx2r service but do not know who to go to. i was thinking of peter stevens coz thats where the bike was purchased. are they any good?
    any other good places to get a bike service in adelaide???
  7. best option is to take it to kawasaki dealer.

boltons are very good...well they were when i had the zzr250...they looked after me well even though i didn buy the bike from them.

bills are ok also, but would definately deal with boltons first