Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Adding A Clock?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by RobE, Sep 17, 2008.

1. Every so often it would be useful to know the time without stopping to uncover my watch - like when it might be close to the School Zone speed restriction period.

What are my options for sticking some kind of easily visible, weather proof, thief resistant time piece on the Hornet?

(I did try a search but nothing came up. Please don't yell at me if this topic has been done before.)
  2. Hehe, Did you just see mattb's reply in here? Click

My bike has no clock either and i go through a record 8 school zones to get to work. Sometimes when you get stuck behind a car at a set of lights take a glance at their centre console :)

A $2 dollar watch as suggested stuck onto the bike would work.
    If you dont want to attach stuff to your bike get a watch keychain and add that onto your keys.
  3. Or you could always click on the "Clockabout" banner at the top of this page.

They have hundreds of different clocks that are specifically designed for bikes.

4. I paid $8k for a rather spiffy little digital clock for my bike. It did come with a mildly crashed BMW attached though, which presented something of a disposal problem :grin: .
  5. I used to have this clock on my harley.

I kept it when I traded the HD for my Hornet. Its now installed underneath the clutch lever mount.

6. [​IMG]
    Got mine a while ago. Extremely handy :)
  7. Thinking of buying a clock and thermometre from Clockabout, probably wait for the bike show and buy there
  8. My bike has a little hinged holder on the handlebar, we sell some little digital displays at work from jaycar which fit in there just nice. Won't be water proof but it can be slipped in and out when needed, should do the job nicely
  9. If you use a tank bag, slip a cheap watch under the plastic map cover.

Or a mobile phone - that works well too if you set the display to show the time. That has the advantage that if you get a call you can see who it is and decide whether to ignore it or not. :LOL:
  10. aldi sells $10 bicycle computers- time, stopwatch, ambient temperature, its backlit and buttons are easy to press with gloves on. It has other functions that are either useless to a motorbike rider (countdown timer) or are unable to use unless you wire it up correctly (speed, av speed etc). Not worth the effort. And its removable, so you can take it with you if you are worried that some thieving prick will take it. Did I mention it has all this for $10? Brilliant. Stock is a bit thin on the ground tho, so call around the Aldis near you.
  11. Don't forget to show Robyn your membership card ;)
  12. Thanks Vic, but PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE change your avatar, it is very disturbing. :shock:
  13. just superglue a magnet onto a cheap $2 watch and then the magnet will attach anywhere on the bike and come off easily. done. KISS principle.
  14. Look at the sun