Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Addiction

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by Lobsterred, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Hi all,

I started riding a CB125E and i really liked motorbikes despite the danger.

Now I have CB500F and im getting sick. I feel like a king on the road with 500cc of power between my legs and I feel like I sometimes want to go fast and have gone up to 120 for a few seconds. Which for me is fast.

I feel motorcycles are dangerous and feel guilty for always wanting to ride. What will my loved ones think if I come off? I dont want to hurt any loved ones but im too addicted and can only think of that power and practicality of not having to park a car.

I also walk into peter stevens and almost get euphoric and feel like screaming. I get drunk with awe.

I recently saw a hipster on a triumph bonneville who stopped on the side of the road to talk to his hipster mate and boy did that bike look good. So retro but it sounded serious.

Anyway, my addiction has lead to obsession. I just hope I continue to be safe.

Also the triumph bonneville is my next purchase. I am sick with obsession help.

I probably should have stuck to the 125 as it was so crap. Then i wouldn't want to ride so much.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Mate, you and ten thousand others......

The fact were all on this forum on a saturday night says a lot about our mental state......

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Funny Funny x 2
  3. sounds like walking into a methadone clinic saying "Man, this Panadeine Forte is some crazy shit" :p

in other words.. so much more fun to look forward to!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Lol my mate has a harley with 1800cc's id prematurely eje**late if i rode it.

Bikes are good its just the roads are full of innatentive drivers who make my existence risky

• Like Like x 1
  5. If a cb500 gets you moist, a s1000rr will blow your mind

images (5).

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  6. No you wouldn't, it probably has no more horsepower than your CB500.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. I am right there with you LobsterredLobsterred . I have owned my bike and had my licence for just over a month now.
    I will find any excuse to ride, I made quiche for dinner and needed cream and milk... i rode to a supermarket that is no where near my house... i passed three other supermarkets on the way hahahaha.
    I was always so scared thinking about having an accident and having my 5 year old son grow up without a mum because i selfishly wanted to ride.

But in saying that, what kind of role model would I be to him if i didnt face that fear and show him that anyone can do anything if they put their mind and heart into it.

Riding home today i had my music playing and i was singing along to myself and tapping my foot on the road while stopped at the lights, wearing a massive grin because i felt free and alive.

Dont be afraid embrace it ;)

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. #8 Lobsterred, Jun 11, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2016
    I think being afraid keeps me alive

I probably wouldn't though. Seriously I just dont like Harleys they have too much of a stigma associated with middle age. Also bikies ride them.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Absolutely! Me too, I had this exact conversation with my husband. He said a rider will always have fear but its a healthy fear and it keeps you alert and on your toes.

But honestly .... it feels so amazing doesnt it.
    I have three addictions Riding my bike, being on NR and coffee hahahha

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Music?
    Some thrash metal i hope! Lol

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. A bit of every thing i have eclectic taste, but today it was a bit of creed and RHCP ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Had the exact same experience the other day, I think it was this song though:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Fear and excitement are opposite extremes of the same emotion. Fear is only negative excitement. Worth remembering at those butt-clenching times.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. #14 MRSeBUNNY, Jun 11, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2016
    Ummmmmmn love this song.. decided to create a riding list now lol thanks itchinitchin

He does ride but he doesnt have a bike hahaha. He takes mine as soon as I'm not looking.
    He does drive behind me, i have my ear bud in and he talks to me while i ride. Some times he gives me advice eg. Move over in your wheel track, turn your indicator off etc.
    But he loves that I ride, he is proud of me.
    I wish he would get a bike, he wants a biger version of mine.. but he chose a boat so we will have to wait a while before he can have his bike lol

• Like Like x 1
  15. I know those feels.....We ALL feel like screaming when we walk into Peter Stevens :D

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. I just had a week full of Mondays...

today's ride on Rhonda the Honda (CBR500R) up to Kariong and back via the old Pac had me smiling again, literally blew the Blues away.
    (Also because I finalised rego with dealer for my new bike too... :) )

Then I detoured 'cos I was loving the ride and 222 kms later, home again.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Mainly because they won't budge on price!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. I had a chat to a local postie the other day, he was just on a break and about to mount his little red bike and get back to work. he loves riding and loves his job - good on him I say! we agreed that those that do not ride will never understand why riding is so excellent, as we said 'they just don't get it'.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Welcome to NR...

I'm an addict too..

:D

20. Welcome.

The addiction cannot be cured.

But there is a treatment program.

image.

• Funny Funny x 1