Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Add another to the Brissie contingent.

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Big_DP, Dec 21, 2015.

1. G'day guys, long time lurker but thought I'd finally start contributing. I've done enough research on my bike that I feel I can help out others now.

Always been into cars but dad's always had bikes and about 14months ago finally got my backside into gear and got my licence. Now open unrestricted.

Current ride is Suzuki's completely underrated SFV650 Gladius. Does everything I can ask of it for the riding I do, mainly commuting and a good flog every couple of weeks through Mee and Glorious.

TEC'd a couple of group rides around here but would always be good to meet a few more.

Will definitely throw some images up once I get near a computer (and I'm authorised to)

Cheers guys
  2. welcome aboard :)
  3. Welcome Big_DPBig_DP - a NR group ride is being scheduled for after Xmas if you're keen. Details are in the Ride / Event thread QLD page.
  4. Hey mate, would love to but fortunately/unfortunately I'll be travelling interstate from Boxing Day until the 5th. Doing a road trip with my father from Brisbane down to Orange/Molong to see family. Whole family is going down and while they take the cars on the highway, Dad and I are going to stick with the back roads.

Once I've got the bike sorted I'll throw a thread up so I can journal it all.

Hoping to hit Mt Panorama while I'm there!

I look forward to going on the next ride, hopefully not too long after.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. #5 Big_DP, Dec 21, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2015
    When I first got her. IMG_20150130_133334041.

Then as she sat a few months ago. She's received a bit of an update but no recent pics to show for it.
  6. nice bike!
    • Like Like x 1
  7. You be a good boy at Mount Panorama, now, it's Double Demerits in NSW all over the holidays and booking people for doing Peter Brock impressions is money for jam for the local plod.

And welcome to two wheels, and Netrider.
  8. Yeh, already been warned. Took a drive around there a couple of months back and it is super frustrating. Still, more fun going around at the speed limit than being broke
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. That and a bit of a diet. The frame and fairings are stock. Pretty much everything else has been painted or powder coated, BLAAAAACK!!

The yellow used for the accenting is bright enough though that I don't need too much of it to look in proportion.

Found some pictures on my phone of the refurbed seat I had done a few weeks ago ready for this weekend. Foam remoulded and brand new cover sewn from scratch.

IMG_20151201_212021501. IMG_20151201_212033475.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Welcome along, hopefully we will drag you on a Brissy ride sooner or later.

Totally agree about the Gladius, it is very under rated, also the new 2016 SV650 naked looks interesting as well.

The Gladius is basically bullet proof, a great choice of steed.

Merry Christmas
  11. Welcome Big_DPBig_DP great bunch of people here helpful and friendly. Just got back from a visit to the area you're heading to a couple of weeks ago. Met another NR member down there XJ6NXJ6N had a quick squirt round the track while we where there great fun.