Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Action Parramatta, Make an offer sale!! 9th, 10th and 11th

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by wedge, Mar 6, 2007.

1. Not sure if this has been posted yet, but i saw the add in the paper and though it'd be of use to anyone who is interested in buying a new or used bike.
    As it says in the ad:
    Make an offer sale!
    3 days only!
    Friday 9th, Saturday 10th and Sunday 11th, 8am till 8pm.
    On all new and used motorcycles
    No reasonable offers refused
    No deposit finance and insurance
    No repayments untill September 07'
    250 models must be cleared
    Also Massive accessory discounts
    82 Church st, Parramatta ph: 98937588

Hope this helps someone, could be worth a look and a haggle

2. Interesting.... if only I had my damm money!
  3. passed it onto my mate who's shopping around now..
  4. Call me cynical, but what is a reasonable offer?

I won't be going out of my way.
  5. An offers really just that simple, make an offer, nothing to be cynaical about.
    And those who dont normaly feel comforatble with haggling have been given their chance to haggle away
  6. My point is you could offer them 99% of the retail price and they could say that's unreasonable, based on something like "mate, we're not making any money on that at the moment".

It's just a ploy to get you in the door.
  7. Whatever makes you happy.....
  8. Spot on.

"Make us an offer" pfftttt

Is there a wankier term than that?
  9. blah blah blah, winge winge winge
  10. Theres marketing, and clever marketing...

They will still make money from it even if you dont buy a bike
  11. What??? That doesnt make sense mate....what do ya reckon, that theres going to be a cover charge
  12. It's actually funny that you are carrying on the way you are.

You think this sale is going to be the mother of all sales?

Relax man, there isn't going to be anything special about this sale. As pointed out, there are minimal margins on bikes, there isn't that much room to move.

You shouldn't go there thinking that you are going to save thousands or even hundreds for that matter.

I don't think that your :jerk: emoticon was warranted ;)
  13. Simple, you go in there looking for a deal on a big ticket item
    then leave with a few smaller priced items on special.

Most idiots knows that one
  14. This idiot is still stupid enough to know what an item costs in most stores, and compare that with what the exact same item costs at the sale. If it's cheap enough to justify the petrol to get there, what's the harm?
  15. Guys, just lettin people know bout it, thats all, i wont be heading in , just spreading the love.
    And yes the jerker is unwarranted, sorry for that and the attack :oops: (Edited)
  16. Is there need for the name calling?
    But basically thats what im trying to say, i've recently put a jacket on hold (not at this sale, a normal store) and the bloke knocked off $80, i was pretty happy as the money i save will go towards some new gloves :grin:
  17. I think he's calling himself the name, dude.

18. Sorry guys for starting it down this track. I was just stating my opinion that these sales are never what they seem on the surface. Your not going to get any more discount on a bike then you would have done by haggling and accessories prices will only end up at what you could get if you hunt around anyway (at best). Even then it'll be odd size stuff or old stock.

Like I noted, it's my opinion only.

Thanks for the notice Wedge. I would call in if were going past, but I'm not going out of my way.
  19. Its all good, every one is entitled to thier own opinion, the more i can learn about these scams the better before i buy a new bike :grin: ...how much is it possible to save off a new bike?
    I see the ex 06' models going for $3000 under the price. Is this becasue they will be making a profit on the new models and they just want to get rid of the old stock before it loses its value?
  20. just one thing, I hate this place.