Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

ACT P's Test - Help!!

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by Shoot To Thrill, Apr 7, 2008.

1. Hey Guys,

I'm a learner rider chick here in the ACT and have had my L's for about 6 months. I ride a Kawasaki ZZR 250.

In the time I've had my learner's, I've ridden back and fourth between Nowra and the ACT nearly every weekend, going both the Batemans Bay way (down the Clyde Mountain) and the Kangaroo Valley way.

I've ridden both ways without any drama, and I've become a fairly confident rider riding in both the morning peak hour traffic and afternoon peak hour traffic every day too.

I am ready to go for my P's test now, but I am really scared that I will fail. I have forgotten alot of the stuff they said to do when I got my L's, (except for the buffering and headchecks and stuff) and I have heard horror stories of how hard the U-Turn and emergency braking parts are.

If anyone could give me some helpful advice, or even if you live in the ACT and have done your P's test recently and can help me practice and give me a few pointers I would greatly appreciate it!

Shoot :grin:
  2. The simple answer is relax... Do a search on the forums since this type of question has been answered 40000000000001*10 (give or take one or two) times.

3. I did my P's in January and passed easily. I would be happy to lend a hand practicing some time. If there are any other learners on here that want some help they could come along to. The test is easy if you practice beforehand and relax when your actually doing the test.

PM me or post here if you want to organize a time to practice.
  4. BlaringMike: Cheers :) I can't PM on this site yet, (haven't made 20 posts) but if you have MSN messenger I would love to chat: executey at hotmail dot com