Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

ACT P's Practice

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by blaringmike, Apr 7, 2008.

1. Hi you ACT learners,

'Shoot To Thrill' has asked for some pointers on doing the ACT P's test. So I'm going to head down to EPIC sometime this weekend to do some practice with her. Everyone is welcome even if you are an experienced rider and want to help out some learners come down.

Original thread....

https://netrider.net.au/forums/viewtopic.php?t=51645

I will post up a time later this week to try to fit in with peoples schedules. But looking at heading down Saturday morning some time.

Also as a side note the ACT stay upright arm holds practice P's sessions on the last Saturday of every month between 9am and noon. "Just bring $15, your own gear and a learner legal motorcycle."

http://www.stayupright.com.au/provisional_act.htm

So if you want to come down and practice the P's test with some other learner riders PM me or post here so I know if anyone is going to turn up.

EDIT: Me and Shoot to Thrill are meeting at EPIC at 12 on Saturday all are welcome.

EDIT EDIT: OK guys looks like the weather is coming in bad tomorrow. This might have to be pushed back to next Sunday the 4/5.

Sorry to all the people that were coming.

Cheers,
    MicK[/b]

2. Sh!t, balls, and batter! I was just about to say "Yes", then remembered a wedding in Syd this weekend...

That's a great idea. If these ever come up again, I'll be there.

Thanks for taking the time to do this :applause:

3. Looking at about 10am Saturday morning at EPIC for anyone who is interested. The course is marked out in the carpark directly behind the big grandstand that sits adjacent to the main arena.

4. Bugger bugger bugger.

I soo need the practice, but there is a farewell ride for Alli down to Malula bay that day.

Would defiantly be up for a next one if there is ever going to be one. I know someone else who would be keen to come along also..

5. Time is confirmed at 12 noon on Saturday. All are welcome so if your on your L's or just want some practice at slow speeds come along.

6. Sorry to do this to ya Mike, but can we make it 10am again lol... I managed to get the brake shoes today and I'm fitting them on as we speak.

Let me know!

Cheers

P.S: I'm also bringing along a friend.

7. 10 AM it is then. See you there.

8. R Bugger, I wish i had read this last week, How did it go? Are you going to have another one?

9. I'd like to say a HUGE thanks to BlaringMike for all of his help on Saturday!

He took the time out of his day to help me learn the parts of the test so I can practice to get my P's.

Thanks again Mick!!

-Shoot

10. No worries Shoot.

If you need a hand practising again sometime give us a yell. Even if its just for a ride out somewhere.

Mad Mal. There have been a few people say they would like to do this so I could organise another one this weekend or perhaps in a couple of weeks time. Let me know if your interested. Note I'm not an awesome rider but I'm always happy to help new riders out.

Cheers,
    Mick

11. Hey , Any chance on doing something this weekend ?

12. Possibly on Sunday morning*. Would have to be before 11ish as I'd like to hit up the cotter afterwards.

Anyone interested post here or PM me.

*weather permitting as showers are forecast.

13. Possibly on Sunday morning*. Would have to be before 11ish

Yep perfect , im in, anyone else?

14. Ok. I'll look at about 10am at EPIC. Depending on the weather. Will post up confirmation late Saturday or Sunday morning so check back here.

Mad Mal. PM sent.

15. OK guys looks like the weather is coming in bad tomorrow. This might have to be pushed back to next Sunday the 4/5.

Sorry to all the people that were coming.